“If you are lucky enough to have lived in Paris as a young man, then wherever you go for the rest of your life it stays with you, for Paris is a moveable feast.” – Ernest Hemingway
The city of light…so its been called many times. After spending a little time there over the years, I’d actually like to call it The City of Enlightenment”……. a few of my personal enlightening moments might be………
1. There really is something known as a 5 hour dinner.
2. We Americans just might be in too much of a hurry.
3. There is an art to sipping a glass of Evian for 5 plus hours in a cafe ……. doing nothing at all.
4. Paris takes a couple of visits to really get to know its soul.
5. There just might be a better way to live…..and I think the Parisians are tuned into it.
I shot this from one of the many granite walls surrounding the Seine River on one of my late night strolls thru this most magical of city’s. The image was created with a 9 shot bracket sequence and processed as an HDR. I then worked a bit of texture in from a couple of files as well as adding a few beams of light to enhance the Eiffel Towers presence. Too much? Perhaps…..but I kinda like it.